Why? The reasons why a dog might be wearing a muzzle
- To stop them from eating things they shouldn’t off the ground!
- They may be working on their anxiety around strangers and dogs.
- Both dog and owner feel safer if it is on!
- To stop dogs with high prey drive catching and hunting wildlife
- Practicing good muzzle skills for our next visit to the vet or groomers
- Either dog or owner prefer a little more space and the muzzle keeps most humans and dogs at a distance
- The owner prefers a little more space!
Just because a dog is wearing a muzzle does NOT mean:
- He is vicious and will attack you at any moment
- He should be kept away from the same training classes, activities and outdoor adventures that you and your dog can enjoy together
- It’s OK for you to come up and try to interact with him without asking first
If you see a dog wearing a muzzle:
- Give space
- Be kind
- Move on with your dogs and your kids
- Recognize that the owner is doing their best to promote responsible dog ownership, safety & comfort for everyone, including their dog and your family.
Interested in muzzle training? We can arrange this in a one to one training session. Please phone 01-4994795 or click here