Ever wish your dog could find your keys to the TV remote? Here’s your chance to learn how to train your dog in our special two week introductory scent course.
• Introduction to scent work
• Teaching your dog to recognise a specific scent
• Finding that scent
• Introduction to retrieving items
• More difficult searches
• Retrieving hidden items
It will help if your dog knows how to play Fetch but this is not essential.
Please bring plenty of treats and your dog’s favorite toy. It is best not to feed your dog before class.
Some of the many benefits of Scent Detection & Nose Work are:
- Dogs easily burn lots of mental & physical energy doing searches
- Searches can be done anywhere you can take your dog
- No prior training is required
- Shy or fearful dogs build confidence and overactive dogs put their energy into fun searches
- Stronger bond between dog & handler
- By participating in our fun workshop with your dog, you’re giving him the freedom to express and refine his natural talents, and he’s giving you a glimpse into how he “sees” the world.
Fee: €50.00 per dog
Duration: 2 Week Course (1 Hour Each Week)
Sunday 3rd March & Sunday 10th March 2019,
10.00am – 11.00am
DSPCA, Mount Venus Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16