We are delighted to announce our first Internship of 2020
An internship is a great way to obtain hands on practical experience in a real life working enviroment in our busy Pet Boarding facility and assisting with dog training classes.
Each internship is voluntary and will run for a period of three months. Every intern will be required to commit to 3-5 days per week.
Pet Boarding Shifts are Monday to Sunday: 7am to 1pm or 1pm to 7pm.
As an intern you will be part of our team and guided alongside a member of staff.
The role of an intern:
- To assist staff in the daily runnings of a boarding facility
- To walk & play with dogs (in all weather conditions)
- To assist in our cattery, cleaning etc.
- Assist with the daily cleaning routine of all areas
- Observe & assist dog training classes
- Follow instruction from staff members
- Complete regular modules in Canine Behaviour & Dog Training
- 18 years of age or older
- Maintain professional standards of performance and appearance at all times
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Absorb and apply information quickly
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Available 3-5 days a week
- Be able to take & follow instruction
- 3 month commitment to the program
- Have your own transport
- Be willing to complete the internship unpaid
- Tolerant of loud noises
Benefits to interns:
- You will gain hands on experience in a busy boarding enviornment
- You will be given the opportunity to progress & grow within the training team
- Invaluable experience working hands on with all dogs breeds & many cats
- Regular training sessions on all aspects of canine & feline care
- Friendly work enviornment
- At the end of the internship each intern will recieve an accredited certificate
- Diploma in Canine Behaviour & Dog Training Course on completion of modules and mcq
Terms & Conditions:
€10.00 Application Fee Non-Refundable in all cases. Our methods are positive reinforcement only. Each intern must complete a trial week before acceptance to the internship. The full cost of €250 is then due to partake in the internship this covers the full diploma course, which you can study online at home.